I just found out about Moqui, but I refuse to sign up for LinkedIn so I
won't be joining that community anytime soon.

Pity party for me, I suppose.  Considering how I'm just barely getting
on board with the whole "ERP/E-Commerce framework" thing, I'd prefer to
start off with the latest up-and-coming technology.  I loathe the idea
of keeping some legacy system patched together while 99.99% of the
business world has moved on to something else.  I can remember the whole
"Forget about DP and just keep using these Selectrics we all know and
love" debate among tech writers 25-odd years ago, as well as the
argument about whether RDBMS/SQL was going to make much of an impact on
companies with established, proprietary mainframe systems.  For that
matter, ten or twelve years ago I was a big fan of Struts, although many
have since moved on to Springier things (or away from Java altogether).

Are differences between the OFBiz and Moqui frameworks quite
significant?  That's not a question directed toward Mr. Byers
specifically, I'm just trying to get a potential business strategy
straightened out in my head.

Aside: I might as well put in my 0.02 regarding the teleconference that
Mr. Smits arranged.  Almost all software products both open source and
proprietary share a major end user pain point: documentation.  All too
often, in a bug-ticket kind of way, such pain points go beyond being
major to become critical show-stoppers.

Oh, and also 0.02 worth of cheerleading for CMIS.  If y'all get a
chance, take a look at the ASF Chemistry project, it might offer a way
to lessen some of this project's code maintenance chores (although I'm
in no way qualified to be certain one way or the other).