I've played around with visual themes and so far i really like the ease of
use. But something bothers me anyways.

There seems to be no CSS-classes given to elements besides some very basic
ones. This makes it basically impossible to style forms relative to the
Application they're in.

A global div-wrap with class=app-application would already help a big deal.
Also a class telling me which sub menu is selected would be valuable.

app-accounting = application
app-acc-payments = app navigation
app-screen-name = maybe better than app navigation

I think from something like this, everyone would benefit and I would
happily do it. What does the community think? Maybe there is a reason for
the lack of this?
Would it be possible to arrange such an improvement?

Such an improvement would not break any themes but instead opening the door
for new, more beautiful themes.