Not sure if it is supposed to use the setting, but when you assign a supplier
to a product you can do multiple suppliers.

I find it a bit odd that it lets you do multiple main suppliers (I would
think it should only let you select one).

But even with just one set as main, when you do a generate requirements
using MRP it does not consider if one is set as main (I would have thought
that is why there was the setting)?

Maybe I am missing something, but seems like something is a bit amiss.

I will probably modify both items (only allow one main, soif they pick main
it unsets any others set as main)
Have it use the main if auto assign is used or it is generated by MRP.

-----
Joel Fradkin