Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 9:03 PM, jfrad...@styleline.com <
jfrad...@styleline.com> wrote:

> Not sure if it is supposed to use the setting, but when you assign a
> supplier
> to a product you can do multiple suppliers.

That is a good thing. It might be so that the product you buy can be
purchased from different suppliers.

> I find it a bit odd that it lets you do multiple main suppliers (I would
> think it should only let you select one).
>
> That is a bit odd, but it is common to have more preferred suppliers for
your critical components, to minimise the risk of getting out of stock.
But, it is also common to have some ranking applied to the preferred
suppliers based on company specific ranking parameters.

> But even with just one set as main, when you do a generate requirements
> using MRP it does not consider if one is set as main (I would have thought
> that is why there was the setting)?
>
> Maybe I am missing something, but seems like something is a bit amiss.

You are correct. There is something missing. Though you can set the ranking
10_MAIN_SUPPL and 90_ALT_SUPPL (with the default data set, which you can
expand), there is no code that uses such parameters.