Speaking of themes, I was really upset when the ofbiz developers "yanked"
out the original backend theme for ofbiz designed by Dave.  It was
elegantly simplistic and functional, and also many books were written
showing it.

The reasons?  Time to move on, time to upgrade, needs a newer polished
look, bla bla bla.  All of the newer themes are not as good as the original.

At the time, ALL documentation, ALL examples, ALL books had oldschool as
screenshot examples.

Yes, I know "oldschool" is still available, and I do use it, but it does
demonstrate that the few commiters blatantly make substantial changes (on a
whim) w/o consulting the community or even thinking things through.

[rant complete]