I did the first one with Graphviz - It may need some more tweaking to get it updated and in the shape that the smart people want. I will be happy to help anyone who wants to update it or try to make it clearer.

I have ArgoUML and I can see that there are a lot of UML drawings already in existence. Not sure how they were done or if they can be converted into ArgoUML.
I use Freeplane to do mindmaps if we need any of those.
Open Office has added a lot of nice images to their graphics library and I would be happy to help anyone who is having trouble getting a drawing to work.

Short answer - Yes.
We should make an effort to track the sources for any image that makes it into the docs.

Ron