I was wondering about how commercial can an Apache site be?
Will it be acceptable to create/host marketing materials at Apache for individual companies that are selling the extensions or services?

I looked at OpenOffice since they have an extensions library but did not see anything for sale. All the extensions seem to be free.
It is on http://extensions.openoffice.org/
 Some of their extension include a note which might be useful:

*Disclaimers*:

 * Apache, Apache OpenOffice and OpenOffice.org are trademarks of The
   Apache Software Foundation. Other names may be trademarks of their
   respective owners.
 * This project is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, the Apache
   Software Foundation nor the Apache OpenOffice project in any way.

- See more at: http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/node/17351#sthash.Pi4Jz3bc.dpuf
<quote>
[...]

https://directory.apache.org/commercial-support.html does have a a single commercial entry and some policy statements that might be helpful

<quote>
Several companies have built products and services around the Apache Directory™ project. This page is dedicated to providing descriptions of those offerings and links to more information. Companies are definitely encouraged to update this page directly or send a mail to the Apache Directory™ PMC (priv...@directory.apache.org <mailto:priv...@directory.apache.org>) with a description of their offerings and we can update the page. The products and services listed on this page are provided for information use only to our users. The Apache Directory™ PMC does not endorse or recommend any of the products or services on this page. See below for information about what is appropriate to add to the page.

Policy for additions to this page

Companies are free to add information about their products and services to this page. The information must be factual and informational in nature and not be a marketing statement. Statements that promote your products and services over other offerings on the page will not be tolerated and will be removed. Such marketing statements can be added to your own pages on your own site, but not here.

When in doubt, email the Apache Directory™ PMC (priv...@directory.apache.org <mailto:priv...@directory.apache.org>) and ask. We'd be happy to help.

</quote>

I hope that this helps the discussion.

Ron