I am looking at the accounting functionality as there is a proposal to use
ofbiz in our overseas subsidiaries including the accounting elements.

It is apparent that it is possible to enter accounting transactions with the
various GL fiscal types to enter budgets and forecasts in Ofbiz accounting.
However the OOTB accounting transactions do not allow for accounting tags to
allocate budgets to specific areas of the business. Although, for us this
would be a simple modification to incorporate the tags we already use and
store against accounting transactions entities.

I have also seen the budget entity tables, again these could be adapted to
capture the accounting tag detail that would be required to set budgets
against specific areas of the business and gl accounts. But these appear to
have no link to entering budgets via the GL fiscal type method or the
subsequent reporting.

In addition, there is the approval process that I believe Hans introduced,
but this does not provide the functionality that would be required to setup
a revenue/operational budget.

I have been in contact directly with Sharan to get her view on how budgets
are supposed to be handled by Ofbiz.

For me, it seems the gl fiscal type and creating accounting transactions is
the simplest method of setting budgets and forecasts.