http://blog.artifact-software.com/tech/?p=322 is a small blog about how I use a RAM Drive to speed up Eclipse.

This makes editing pretty snappy even when a lot of features and plugins are loaded.

I suspect that the same thing could be applied to other IDEs.

Ron

On 20/07/2016 4:39 PM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Le 20/07/2016 à 22:19, user a écrit :

What version of Eclipse do you mean when saying "faster"?

Eclipse Neon (aka 4.6)

I experience slow scrolling of source code. It looks rather like fast paging than scrolling. Eclipse Neon 4.6.

I have no issues scrolling at all. This may depend on your CPU but mostly your GPU.

Jacques