Hi Craig,

I would say that this documentation does not help very much to get OFBiz running on Linux. The biggest part (1.) is not related to OFBiz and the other parts are way to brief to help new users.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Demo+and+Test+Setup+Guide will suit you better, I think, even if it's also brief and misses in-depth configuration like ajp connection between Apache and OFBiz, virtual host configurations etc..

We are currently undergoing bigger changes so our documentation is not up to date in several parts, especially the build, start and runlevel parts.

We are working on this. I'll try to get some step-by-step documentation together but it will take some time.
Hope to work on this on our community day on Dec. 17th.

Regards,
Michael