I'm attempting to setup a new Ofbiz as an ERP.

In the General Ledger, I'm struggling to find the substance of it.

Key areas that I can't locate

* Entering an actual ledger journal - create a new GL direct transaction (not from source AR, AP)

* Ledger Account balance enquiry

* Active ledger tree - clickable nested tree of accounts with balances by period

* Ledger transactions display by account

It looks close in

Accounting Manager / Global GL Settings / Chart of Accounts / Navigate Accounts

Nice tree, but show me the money, and with a period selector.

This area seems 'setup' focused, not user focused.

Accounting Manager / Main is filled with list and show options, but none GL related.

Documentation doesn't give any hints either...

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/Apache+OFBiz+Business+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizBusinessSetupGuide-accountingSetup

       Creating ledger transactions.(to be completed)

And no mention at all of loading initial GL opening balances, which would have to be second step after chart setup. Is this not possible?

Or do I need to write GL entry / view screens myself? The data model seems complete, the back end UI not really.

Am I missing something here? Or is OfBiz more web commerce with light back end, ready for further customisation prior to actual use?

I'm totally committed to open source, need to deploy an ERP & Accounting, and keep coming back to re-evaluate OfBiz because it has good community, stable Apache ownership, good database schema, good web engine. Just seems not ready for every day back end use by my accounting team.

Comments anyone?

David