Le 30/03/2017 à 23:34, stim...@comcast.net a écrit :
Hi,
Thanks for the update, links now work. I still see older docs which don't seem to be correct for gradlew. In particular I'm thinking the command for starting a standalone POS might help as this would maybe create a terminal...and the current WebPOS can't be logged in to without a terminal. The command listed here does not exist in 16.11.01 (gradlew) ofbiz:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=65866466#ApacheOFBizTechnicalProductionSetupGuide-POSSetupProcess
That command (with jar file location being corrected) is:
java -jar ./build/libs/ofbiz.jar --pos
Actually the POS has been pushed to Attic just before creating the R16 branch, where Gradle was 1st put in. That's why the doc also stop with Ant. The WebPos is not concerned and is something different.
Does anyone here know if WebPOS terminals are not actually something added as
data and instead reflect actually running POS terminals?
Yes something like that indeed, but it's the notion of POS terminal, not Linux Terminal. A POS terminal is where the client pay. I can't say more about this, and it's maybe wrong.
If so, how does one start a terminal under gradlew?
I guess you need to have an OFBiz instance running where the client pay.

I hope someone will confirm, I was the POS maintainer, but don't know well the
WebPos.

Jacques
If not, how does one add a terminal to the database since the POS app cannot be logged
into without a pre-existing terminal (a bit of a proverbial "catch-22").
Thanks! ----- Original Message -----From: Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>To: user@ofbiz.apache.orgSent: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 19:36:07 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: WebPOS Setup

Le 29/03/2017 &agrave; 22:29, stim...@comcast.net a &eacute;crit :> Hi,> > I was looking at this document
regarding the POS setup:> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/POS+System> > This in turn mentions
another document here, described as "POS Setup Process":>
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBTECH/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide#ApacheOFBizTechnicalProductionSetupGuide-POSSetupProcess>
 > Unfortunately that document is an invalid link. Does anyone know if this was moved somewhere and is still
available?Yes, while changing the content of the
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Technical+Production+Setup+Guide page it to reflect the
Gradle move from Ant, I put a link to the previous version in the top of the page. So it was easy to change the faulty link.
It's now done, HTH

Basically, when starting with seed and no demo data, I'm looking for a way to log in to the WebPOS
(I've already added the admin user and some other details). The problem is that WebPOS can't log
in without picking a terminal ("Choose Terminal" is empty), but there are no terminals
to choose, so I was hoping the above document would mention how to add a terminal. If that
document is not available, perhaps someone could mention which menu or web page to use for adding
terminals when there are none to start with.> > Thanks!>I don't know well the webPOS, I
hope someone else will be able to help you