Hi Paul,

thanks for sharing!

I have no experience with this software and only had a brief click-through, so my opinion might be inaccurate: I think that OFBiz already has most of these features, and much more, in the catalog manager.

The only drawback is the UI, which is very complex and not so clearly arranged. But it is easy to slim down the catalog manager and hide all the stuff you don't need or rearrange the screens/forms to build a better UI. Plus, you have full access and can change any process as you like.

For example, we did some projects to build specialized catalog management systems for spare parts, both frontend and backend on top of the strong data model and using a lot of existing services (see [1], [2]).

I'm pretty sure that it is worth to evaluate the OFBiz catalog manager if you are looking or a good and integrated PIM solution.

Regards,

Michael Brohl
ecomify GmbH
www.ecomify.de