I went through the material (thank you again for sharing) and I have a
few additional thoughts to share.

Primarily I think there is no silver bullet, and there is no solution
that somehow makes documentation "Fun". It's always going to be a
liability that just comes with any software solution. With that being
said, I would argue that a guide-based vs feature-based documentation
is not necessarily mutually exclusive. You can have both and they
complement each other.

So maybe we should consider designing documentation such that:
- Guides are good, we need a few good ones for common scenarios (hello
world, new component. deployment, security, caching, etc ...)
- Reference material is also good, possibly broken down by feature / module.
- Everything should ideally be as short and concise as reasonably possible,
- Content reuse should be applied as much as possible.
- Documentation needs to constantly evolve (add, change and especially _REMOVE_)

A good example for documentation I always like to use is Gradle [1].
They really have fantastic documentation and I use ALL OF IT. I used
the guides many times, but I also constantly look at the DSL
reference. And when I am trying to implement an advanced feature, I
roll my sleeves and start digging into the API documentation.

To summarize, I think perhaps we should consider the following types
of documentation as beneficial:
- Focused guides (to achieve a specific task)
- Reference documentation (not necessarily covering 100% of everything)
- API documentation (auto generated from source code)

[1] https://gradle.org/docs/