Hi Ingo,

It's conventional to record a deposit to a bank account as a debit.

Have a look at
https://courses.lumenlearning.com/boundless-accounting/chapter/the-basics-of-accounting/
especially the "Perspective" section halfway down.

Debits and credits can be counter-intuitive. For an income or expense
account, they do what you'd expect: e.g. new income is a credit to an
income account. Assets and liabilities are different - an increase in an
asset is a *debit*. One think to think about this is that from the
perspective of the bank, your deposit is a liability - they owe you the
money and you may ask for it back in future. If they ever take out a bank
fee, the transaction would have a credit to the bank account (an asset) and
a debit to your bank fees account (an expense).

Cheers

Paul Foxworthy

--
Coherent Software Australia Pty Ltd