My opinion is to just completely ditch the multi tenant code since it seems
to be more trouble than it's worth.  Anyone serious about designing a
system to support a similar concept would do it their own way anyway, most
likely using completely separate DBs.  Face it, using a common DB and share
between separate companies is a dangerous concept, let alone the scaling
issues involved.