Hi all,

After restarting Ofbiz I suddenly found an error in the logs relating to
Freemarker. This was the error:

/framework/base/src/main/java/org/apache/ofbiz/base/util/template/FreeMarkerWorker.java:74:
 error: cannot find symbol
    public static final Version version = Configuration.VERSION_2_3_28;

This suggests Freemarker was not available. I did some recent changes to
templates, but nothing spectacular and certainly nothing with freemarker code
or configuration. I’m not sure which modification caused this error since you
don’t need to restart for template changes.

I ended up downloading and copying freemarker.jar into the /lib/ folder which
resolved the issue, but that doesn’t feel right. Does anybody have any idea
what went wrong here?

Kind regards,

Frank