Hi Emad,

Which volume of Silverston's books are you refering to (there are multiple).

Anyway, the handling of products and their components (parts, ingredients,
etc) is covered by the Apache OFBiz project. Both in entity definitions and
services/functions.

In the entity definitions we cover this through the ProductAssoc entity,
that defines the rationship between a product (identified by the productId
field) and multiple other projects (identified by the productIdTo field).
Classifiaction of that relationship is further enhanced by the
productAssocTypeId field.

You can best experienc how this is done in OFBiz (with use of demo data)
via:

   - in the catalog application: e.g.

https://localhost:8443/catalog/control/ViewProductManufacturing?productId=MOTHER_BOARD_ASS
   - in the catalog application:e.g.

https://localhost:8443/catalog/control/EditProductAssoc?productId=MOTHER_BOARD_ASS
   - in the manufacturing application:
   https://localhost:8443/manufacturing/control/FindBom
   - in the manufacturing application: e.g.

https://localhost:8443/manufacturing/control/EditProductBom?productId=MOTHER_BOARD_ASS&productAssocTypeId=MANUF_COMPONENT

Met vriendelijke groet,

Pierre Smits
*Proud* *contributor** of* Apache OFBiz <https://ofbiz.apache.org/> since
2008 (without privileges)
Proud contributor to the ASF since 2006

Anyone could have been you, whereas I've always been anyone.