I mentioned earlier that I wanted to experiment with clustering using
docker swarm for the kms service.

I wanted to establish a base line using one container for kms.  All the
components are in one Linode with 8 GB of RAM.

For this experiment. I start entering the video and whiteboard room
from my admin login from Firefox on one laptop. I allowed both video
and microphone and the video pod was the lowest resolution. I generate
a  guest url to the room.

On another laptop also on the same connection to the internet I enter
the room on firefox and allow both video ( lowest resolution) and
microphone on a new tab each time.

Up to 4 guest clients load quickly and the pods are created almost
immediately on all 5 tabs. On the first attempt on the 5th guest the
pod for this guest on the admin laptop took a couple of minutes to load
the video. On the 5th guest tab, the pods for guest 1, 2 and 4 would
not refresh( pod frames present but no video.

RAM and CPU usage was not significant on the server.

I closed the tabs for all the guests and redid the experiment, The
first 4 guests again loaded quickly without any issues. The 5th guest
loaded to completion but took about 40 seconds for all 6 tabs to
complete. On the 6th guest there were multiple connection drops and
retries and the tabs were reduced to about 3 pods working, the others
gone, this was on all tabs.

So based on this it seems that up to 5 users using both video and
microphone seem to work fine.

Does this agree with anyone else's experience? I had from other posts
that we can expect 14-15 users per kms instance. Does both laptop on
the same network have any influence on this?

I will try a swarm next after I gets some feedback.