On Sun, 18 Oct 2020 at 17:25, Ali Alhaidary <ali.alhaid...@the5stars.org>
wrote:

> On 10/18/20 8:57 AM, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
>
> Let's agree on definitions first :)
>
> by "connects" I mean: audio/video connection was established (this
> correspondent "blue" room notification), other people in the room were and
> to hear/see this stream (even for the short period of time
>
> Confirmed
>

> if it is "connecting" then warning is displayed and the connection goes to
> re-connect - this most probably means the connection was unable to be
> established (some time connection establishing is long process, I saw 30+
> seconds on Windows machines)
>
> That is a good point, first, all of our laptops are Ubuntu 16 or 18 using
> FF, No windows ;-)
>
> second, non noticed an automatic reconnect in audio/video session, the
> teacher has to turn his mic off, then on to reconnect. But, it does auto
> reconnect in recording only few seconds after disconnecting, however, the
> recorded file is only before disconnecting in terms of length as it ignores
> what ever happened after reconnecting,

this need to be investigated, I would expect recording should be resumed

> or, there will be gaps in the recording, usually video only with no sound.

recording in rooms of type conference and presentation is made of
screen-sharing video and audio from user streams
so video without an audio is something unexpected

> It used to happen so much more frequent, but after doing some changes in
> turn server settings (other than stated in the installation document)
> things got so much better.
>
> Third, we must consider the fact that these teachers and students use 3G
> networks, sometime not stable ones. it does not disconnect, but varies in
> bandwidth.

well
3G for video conferences
and screen-sharing ....
what is being shared? FHD desktop? Maximized browser tab?

for 3G I would recommend to share something small .....
And/or start recording by the user with best internet connection

> You can create an account in https://the5stars.org, and access the5stars
> training course (self enrollment) and test it, or, you can register in
> https://rooms.the5stars.org:5443/ and do testing...
>

> On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 at 19:42, Ali Alhaidary <ali.alhaid...@the5stars.org>
> wrote:
>
>> No, it connects, then disconnects, then the teacher has to turn off his
>> mic off and on again to connect, but it does not stay too long and the
>> cycle continues, while in session or recording. I need a way to investigate
>> and sort it out once and for all. I do not want to consume others people
>> time, if we are planning to put OM as standard meeting software, we must
>> learn how to trace.
>>
>> With many thanks...
>> On 10/17/20 2:50 PM, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
>>
>> What do you mean by continuously disconnecting? can it be
>> "continuously not able to connect"?)
>>
>> On Sat, 17 Oct 2020 at 15:16, Ali Alhaidary <ali.alhaid...@the5stars.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Any advice on how to trace the issue of continuously disconnecting from
>>> media server during audio/video sessions?
>>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Maxim
>>

> --