Tried both 587 and 465 one by one but didn't find any solution. However
thanks for your replies.

I have one more query. generally openmeetings generates user specific
invitation links. Is it possible to create invitation links that can be
given to anyone who is not registered on my server?

On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 at 23:16, Ali Alhaidary <ali.alhaid...@the5stars.org>
wrote:

> It did not work with me as well :-)
>
> try port 465
>
> Ali
> On 12/24/20 8:23 PM, GuruCoool Learnings wrote:
>
> gurucoool.com is my main site where I use the same gmail smtp details
> that I want to use with openmeetings. Gmail smtp works fine with my main
> site gurucoool.com but is not working with openmeetings.
>
> On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 at 13:05, Ali Alhaidary <ali.alhaid...@the5stars.org>
> wrote:
>
>> I think you should use the SMTP of gurucool.com instead
>>
>> Ali
>> On 12/24/20 10:06 AM, GuruCoool Learnings wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ali,
>> I have followed the guidelines provided by the openmeetings documentation
>> which is as follows-
>>
>> A valid example to configure the mail server with Gmail, is as follows:
>> (replace j...@gmail.com with your real Gmail account)
>>
>> Mail-Refer == i...@gurucoool.com
>> SMTP-Server == smtp.gmail.com
>> SMTP-Server Port (default
>> Smtp-Server Port is 25) == 587
>> SMTP-Username == i...@gurucoool.com
>> SMTP-Userpass == password of i...@gurucoool.com (this is the one I use
>> to open the mail box at i...@gurucoool.com)
>> Enable TLS in Mail Server Auth == ...turn green the button to activate
>> Default Language == English
>>
>> ...the rest you can change it as you likes.
>>
>> However can it would be a great help if you can clarify what actually you
>> mean by the following-
>>
>> Host name is wrong or
>> Connection security is wrong or
>> service is not available or
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jitendra
>>

>> On Thu, 24 Dec 2020 at 11:24, Ali Alhaidary <ali.alhaid...@the5stars.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> It is either:
>>>
>>> Host name is wrong or
>>> SMTP server name is wrong or
>>> Port number is wrong or
>>> Connection security is wrong or
>>> User name is wrong or
>>> pass word is wrong or
>>> service is not available or
>>> some of the above or
>>> all of the above
>>>
>>> Try searching the mailing list, the solution is there as you need to
>>> check each and every one ...
>>>
>>> :-)
>>>

>>> On 12/23/20 2:18 PM, GuruCoool Learnings wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I am facing mail sending error in my openmeetings server. Whenever I try
>>> to send a mail I get an error message as follows-
>>> Error Count 5
>>> Last Error
>>> com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port:
>>> smtp.gmail.com, 587; timeout 30000; nested exception is:
>>> java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out at
>>> com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:2209) at
>>> com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:740) at
>>> javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:388) at
>>> javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:246) at
>>> javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:195) at
>>> javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:254) at
>>> javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:124) at
>>> org.apache.openmeetings.core.mail.MailHandler.lambda$send$0(MailHandler.java:221)
>>> at
>>> java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
>>> at
>>> java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
>>> at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) Caused by:
>>> java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out at
>>> java.base/java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method) at
>>> java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:399)
>>> at
>>> java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:242)
>>> at
>>> java.base/java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:224)
>>> at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:403) at
>>> java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:609) at
>>> com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.createSocket(SocketFetcher.java:357) at
>>> com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.getSocket(SocketFetcher.java:238) at
>>> com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:2175) ... 10