On 01/05/16 10:44, Volker Wysk wrote:
Am Samstag, 30. April 2016, 23:15:06 CEST schrieb Chris:
Okay, I've installed owncloud-9.0.1 now, from download.owncloud.org, and it
installs fine. However, I can't access https://localhost/owncloud (or anything
below). I get a 404 error. This is despite the fact, that /var/www/owncloud
exists and is populated (by index.html for instance).

Is the web server really running on your local computer?

"service apache2 stop && service apache2 start" doesn't help.

I couldn't determine what's up, in the notes I took, when I had installed the
previous version of owncloud.

In /var/log/apache2 there's nothing usual.

And what is in there in any of the apache logs when you try to access the server?

-Gerald