I seems
- CREATE TABLE returns the error "Table already exists" if you earlier
created and dropped a view for the HBase table (bug?).
- but one can actually run CREATE TABLE for an existing hbase table
according to the documentation

I can't be sure for the moment as the CREATE TABLE statement on a
re-generated hbase table fails for another reason (timeout).