Hi,

(using phoenix 4.2.2 on HDP 2.2)

I would like to map an existing table from phoenix. Once mapped, the table
should support addition of new rows.

I first started by CREATE VIEW. I can query rows, but I can't insert new
rows.
I now try *CREATE TABLE*. Unfortunately, the command either *fails with a
timeout or hangs "forever"*.

*What does phoenix tries to do when calling CREATE TABLE on an existing
table, compared to CREATE VIEW?*

I see nothing particular in the region server logs (simply INFO/DEBUG) :
* RpcServer connection-disconnections
* LruBlockCache debug reports
* Zookeeper informing on opened regions
* PostOpenDeployTasks