Hi Mujtaba,

Could these improvements be because of region distribution across region
servers? Along with the optimizations you had suggested I had also used
hbase-region-inspector to move regions evenly across the region server.

Below is the table schema for the TRANSACTIONS table

CREATE TABLE TRANSACTIONS_TEST (
AGENT_ID BIGINT
,A_NAME VARCHAR
,A_ROLE VARCHAR
,TERRITORY_ID BIGINT
,T_ZIPCODE BIGINT
,T_PLACE_NAME VARCHAR
,GRPBYCF.T_STATE VARCHAR
,GRPBYCF.T_COUNTRY VARCHAR
,PRODUCT_ID BIGINT NOT NULL
,P_NAME VARCHAR
,P_CATEGORY VARCHAR
,CHANNEL_ID BIGINT
,CH_NAME VARCHAR
,CH_TYPE VARCHAR
,CUSTOMER_ID BIGINT NOT NULL
,CS_NAME VARCHAR
,CS_TYPE VARCHAR
,IS_NEW_CUSTOMER BOOLEAN
,CLOSE_DATE DATE
,DAY_CNT_SPENT INTEGER
,TOTAL_EXPENSES BIGINT
,FORCASTED_SALES BIGINT
,GRPBYCF.UNIT_CNT_SOLD BIGINT
,PRICE_PER_UNIT BIGINT
,DISCOUNT_PERCENT BIGINT
,GRPBYCF.TOTAL_SALES BIGINT
,CONSTRAINT pk PRIMARY KEY (PRODUCT_ID, CUSTOMER_ID)
) COMPRESSION='SNAPPY';

I will try out the guidepost width reduction and let you know the results.

Thank you,
Amit.