Hi there,

In general, no, you should not see issues. We (really, Avatica -- the project "powering" PQS) strives to make changes to the wire-protocol in a backwards compatible manner. Avatica also includes a basic framework to do forward and backwards compatibility testing.

You are more likely to run into issues where the 4.7 client is simply doing the wrong thing. There have been one or two issues like these. CALCITE-1103 is one that I can find easily (truncation around decimal datatypes).