Hey Josh, thanks for your thoughts.

Based on your advice we will almost certainly not pursue this direction.
But just to clarify, in terms of the client version are you referring to
the Query server, JDBC clients or both?

I imagine from the JDBC perspective that a client would only be accessing
tables with the same Phoenix version. But it maybe that my take has a lot
of erroneous assumptions in it, as I haven't looked at the internals of the
JDBC driver code.

--
Owen Rees-Hayward
07912 876046