Pig Users and Developers,

We are starting to plan the work after Pig 0.9. One thing we need to decide is
what name/number to give to the next release: Pig 0.10 or Pig 1.0.

I believe that we are ready to declare 1.0. Here are my reasons:

(1)     We are mature enough and produce good quality releases
(2)     Our interface no longer change in major ways
(3)     We have a growing user community and we want the newcomers to know that
our releases are stable
(4)     If the next release is 0.10 and we decide that we should switch on the
following release going from 0.10 to 1.0 will generate a lot of confusion.

I wanted to start this conversation and see what others think before deciding
if it is worth while to call a vote.

Olga