I am worried that the new optimization plan work has not had a chance to
settle in, and we are releasing a brand new parser for the language in 0.9.
Those are pretty significant changes, if the idea behind calling something a
"1.0" is stability, we may want to give them a release to mature a bit. Of
course we can just release 0.9x for a while until we feel this stuff has
been tested in a wide enough variety of installations / hadoop
configurations / use cases.