"but since hbase returns the values sorted"

You are right. I just wanted to highlight the subtlety that you are
essentially relying on the external mechanism for the desired feature
(sorting) rather than the collection/container itself (as in TreeMap.) In
this case, it is most probably redundant and you can use LinkedHashMap to
avoid resorting.

Regards,
Shahab