If I am correct, showInPane() is not at all what you are after.

With Excel, it is possible to lock one or more rows/columns so that they
remain in view if the user scrolls through the contents of the worksheet.
One obvious use is when you place labels at the top of each column to show
what figures they contain. If you do not lock the first row then those
labels will disappear as the user scrolls down the sheet. The word pane is
used to refer to the area of the sheet that does scroll as I understand it
so if you want a specific part of the sheet to show within the scrollable
pane you call the show in pane method.

Now that I understand more what you are after, I would suggest a simple
test. Once you have created the workbook and just before you save it away to
file, iterate through each of the sheets the workbook and call the
setActiveCell() method for each sheet passing as a parameter the reference
of the cell you wish to see as active when the sheet is selected by your
user. I do not know if this will work but it should be a very quick, easy
test to run; sorry to say I have not yet had the chance to test the theory
but it is sound enough I think..