I think that's an excellent idea. I did this:

  private void scrollTopLeft(XSSFSheet theSheet) {
    CTWorksheet ctWorksheet = theSheet.getCTWorksheet();
    CTSheetViews ctSheetViews = ctWorksheet.getSheetViews();
    CTSheetView ctSheetView =
ctSheetViews.getSheetViewArray(ctSheetViews.sizeOfSheetViewArray() - 1);
    ctSheetView.setTopLeftCell("A1");
  }

As you mentioned, some error handling should be added since the above could
theoretically throw NPE's. In my case, it doesn't. I'm also thinking that
there might be several sheet views (since there is an array) and perhaps
"setTopLeftCell" should be called for all of them...

/Bengt