Amith Ranger does not use the admin admin creds that you use to login. To
talk to HiveServer2 it uses whatever you define when you create the plugin
in ranger in the username and password tab. If at all you have LDAP/AD or
kerberos in you cluster then you will have to prepare a user specifically
for ranger. Then use those creds in the webui. The reason is ranger
prepares a HiveClient with the creds you give in the webui and tries to
connect to hive so that it can list tables, databases or put policies.