Bosco,

I have followed above steps

   1. drwxr-xr-x   - hduser hadoop          0 2015-11-30 18:49 /pg
   2. changed the umask so newly created folder or files have following
   permissions
   d---rwxrwx   - asma hadoop          0 2015-11-30 19:03 /pg/b
   3. i changed the ownership of all folders in hdfs with hduser:hadoop
   4. ran the command hdfs dfs -chmod -R 000 /pg

but still group level permissions are not working.

my audits are not working, i am trying to figure out the issue with audits.
i will let you know when audits are available.

thanks

--
Regards: HAFIZ MUJADID