From:  Madhan Neethiraj <mneethi...@hortonworks.com>
Date:  Monday, November 30, 2015 at 8:57 AM
To:  "user@ranger.incubator.apache.org" <user@ranger.incubator.apache.org>
Subject:  Re: Group level permission are not working in ranger

Hafiz,

Few things to check:
 1. Do you have another policy in Ranger that allows WRITE access?
 2. Can you disable this policy and try mkdir?

Fixing the issue with audit will help; audit log will have the details of how
the access was allowed (hadoop-acl or ranger-acl; in case of ranger-acl, the
policy-ID that determined the access).

Madhan