Craig McClanahan wrote:

Could you share more details about the problems you ran into?

The main problem is that some ajax frameworks are incompatibles with shale because shale listen (listener specified on the web.xml) on the same resource of ajax framework (eg. icefaces)
I have had tested some JSF ajax frameworks:
icefaces, backbase,ajax4jsf have some serve components like listeners wich make shale resources unavailable

In addition to this question, I'd be interested in the reverse ... which
frameworks do you think we (Shale developers) should focus on being
compatible with?
Currently I m testing some ajax and jsf libraries. I have no idea to say presently which ajax/jsf library is better. Futhermore, maybe, you should try to integrate shale with one of these JSF libraries

ajax4jsf
icefaces (now free)
maybe the javascript library: dojotoolkit

My intent is to focus on building sample and testing apps
with these frameworks, and with a limited amount of time available, I'd like
to focus on the ones people care the most about.

Thanks in advance for your help!
I probably finish soon an example of netavantage (no free) or an another framework with shale.
If you want I ll send you the sources.
Craig

Regard,
Alexandre