Hi,

I've set up a couple of remoting methods, but I don't really want to
code the HTML in my java method. What I'd like to do is have the snippet
of HTML returned by my remoting method defined in the same way as the
rest of the html on the site; i.e. in an html file that's loaded by
Clay.

My remoting method fetches a detail list when a table row is clicked, a
little like opening the next level of a tree, so what I'd like to do is:

1. User clicks on row x in the table
2. Remoting method viewController.getDetails() is called
3. viewController.getDetails() loads details of x as a List and sets a
variable theList
4. viewController.getDetails() creates an instance of Clay that loads
file theDetails.html
5. File theDetails.html renders as a couple of table rows using
viewController.getTheList() to get table contents
6. viewController.getDetails() gets the HTML rendered by the Clay load
and writes it out as the response to the remoting method

Doing the above means the HTML style agency will still be able to edit
the HTML look and feel without me having to edit the Java code for them.
I want to avoid reloading the page or sending a full tree view that can
just be unfolded as the page size would then be potentially very large.

Is this possible? Are there any code examples?

Cheers,
Ian.