>From: Cyril Bouteille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Hi Craig,
> My understanding is that declarative web.xml security rules is the
> "official" way to control the protocol scheme with JSF (since I'm unable
> to specify it w/ JSF tags).
> Sprinkling redirects all over our code and pages to correct the protocol
> scheme is rather ugly... I wish there was just a way to specify the POST
> scheme with JSF commandLink/Button tags.
> As a wrapper around Servlet API, I'd expect to have at least access to
> the same functionality. Is this a JSF architecture decision resulting
> from technical difficulties allowing the scheme to switch on the command
> submission?

The h:form component renderer calls the view handler to create the action URL.
There are a couple extension points here.  You could plug in your own
ViewHandler and override the get ActionURL [1]  method or you could create your
own form renderer [2].

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/core/trunk/impl/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/application/jsp/JspViewHandlerImpl.java?view=markup
[2]http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/shared/trunk/core/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces/shared/renderkit/html/HtmlFormRendererBase.java?view=markup