On 1/19/07, Cyril Bouteille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Craig,
My understanding is that declarative web.xml security rules is the
"official" way to control the protocol scheme with JSF (since I'm unable
to specify it w/ JSF tags).

That's true ... but you are violating the assumptions of the way that these
constraints were originally designed when you send a "secure" request to the
"insecure" port :-).

Sprinkling redirects all over our code and pages to correct the protocol
scheme is rather ugly... I wish there was just a way to specify the POST
scheme with JSF commandLink/Button tags.
As a wrapper around Servlet API, I'd expect to have at least access to
the same functionality. Is this a JSF architecture decision resulting
from technical difficulties allowing the scheme to switch on the command
submission?

It's actually just a use case we didn't consider at all.  It would be good
to provide feedback to the JSF spec folks that this is an important issue to
address in a future JSF spec version.  There are feedback links at the
public java.net project for the spec <
https://javaserverfaces-spec-public.dev.java.net>.

Craig