Hi,
1. EL unification.  Since I'm not using JSPs, this isn't a big deal

Well, it's not entirely gone :-) You still do EL with Facelets. It's true
that Facelets allows you to use the unified EL out of the box.  But I've
noticed that in some instances using Tomahawk tags I still have to use the "#{...}" syntax. The net result is that our code is sprinkled with mostly
"${...}" and a few "#{...}" and I have to try to explain to new devs when
and why they have to use one or the other.
Sorry, you confuse me. Is there any difference between #{...} and ${...}? Could you explain when and why to use one or the other. Does it depend on fact that in some classes of tomahawk use a hard coded '#{' el prefix?

Regards
Ingo