You are right Gary, that was the cause. Thanks.

I am interested to learn more about the mapper configuration. can you point
me to a document about it.

regards,
amjad

On 1/26/07, Gary VanMatre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>From: "amjad Shahrour" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to utilize only shale-tiger with ADF faces.
>
> I am interested only in using only the view controller services
(callbacks).
> i created a simple (adf) jsf page and used the @View @Preprocess @Init
> @Prerender @Destroy on the page's backing bean. but nothing seems to
take
> effect (no callbacks are being called).

It sounds like you are missing the binding between a JSF view and a
managed bean.  This is handled by a naming convention.  The JSF viewId is
normalized into a value that must have a corresponding managed.

So if your target page was "/something.jsf", the ViewController should be
registered as a managed bean by the name of "something".  The default
mapper, removes the suffix of the viewId and replaces the "/" with "$".  You
can override the default mapper if you want to create your own rules.

Since your are using the tiger annotations (you also need shale-tiger
besides shale-view and shale-core), you could register your ViewControllers
as managed beans with the following annotation:

@Bean(name = "something", scope = Scope.REQUEST)

> following is the web.xml file content
>

> thanks in advance

Gary