Hello,

I’m trying my hand at a very simple <s:inputSuggestAjax> example based on the
example at http://www.irian.at/myfaces-sandbox/inputSuggestAjax.jsf. I get an
input field, but when I start typing I get no suggestions since my backing bean
‘suggestedItems’ method is never called. I’m using server-side saving, but
switching to client-side makes no difference. I’ve looked at a lot of the
inputSuggestAjax related issues in the mailing lists, but found no solution
yet. My guess is that is has either something to do with the fact that I'm
using MyFaces 1.1.3 or with the fact that the Shale/Clay ValidatorInputRenderer
is overwriting the InputSuggestAjax Renderer (something I noticed just now). If
the latter is true, what can I do to prevent this?

Here’s my jsp
=============

<%@ page session="false" contentType="text/html;charset=utf-8"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html"; prefix="h"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"; prefix="f"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox"; prefix="s"%>
<head>
        <title>InputSuggestAjax Test</title>
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="<%=
request.getContextPath()%>/css/basic.css" />
</head>
<f:view>
<h:form>

<h:panelGrid columns="2">
<h:outputText value="Select" style="padding-right:3em;"/>
<s:inputSuggestAjax id="inputSuggestAjaxTest" charset="utf-8" required="true"
        value="#{newRegistrationPage.code}" style="width:250px;"
        suggestedItemsMethod="#{newRegistrationPage.suggestedItems}"/>
</h:panelGrid>

</h:form>
</f:view>

Method signature
================

public List suggestedItems(String keyword);

Libraries
=========

shale-core-1.0.3.jar
myfaces-api-1.1.3.jar
myfaces-impl-1.1.3.jar
tomahawk-1.1.5.jar
tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.5-SNAPSHOT.jar

Log file entry

08 mei 2007 14:37:10,643 [http-8080-Processor23] INFO
[org.apache.myfaces.renderkit.html.HtmlRenderKitImpl] - <Overwriting renderer
with family = javax.faces.Input rendererType =
org.apache.myfaces.InputSuggestAjax renderer class =
org.apache.shale.renderer.ValidatorInputRenderer>