Yes, I can use SNAPSHOT and without jitpack.io. And by the way, I think I could
do it and a year ago.

But it is not the solution of the problem. It it a try to avoid to solve the
problem. Look — shiro 1.x is half dead.
Shiro 2 can be released in  10 years, I am not sure, maybe not so soon.

Is Shiro project dead? Spring, Jetty, Hibernate and many many other big
projects moved to JPMS long time ago. Shiro still not.

Either release Shiro 2 alpha or I think we will have to look for another
security library.

--
Best regards, Alex Orlov