Hi, all

I'm trying to build Spark in IntelliJ IDEA 13.

I clone the latest repo and run sbt/sbt gen-idea in the root folder.
Then import it into IntelliJ IDEA. Scala plugin for IntelliJ IDEA has been
installed.

Everything seems ok until I ran Build > Make Project:

Information: Using javac 1.7.0_51 to compile java sources
Information: java: Errors occurred while compiling module 'spark-core'
Information: Modules "spark-streaming-flume-build", "spark-repl-build",
"spark-graphx-build", "spark-tools-build", "spark-streaming-kafka-build"
and 9 others were fully rebuilt due to project configuration/dependencies
changes
Information: Compilation completed with 1 error and 1 warning in 23 sec
Information: 1 error
Information: 1 warning
Error: java: javacTask: source release 1.7 requires target release 1.7
Warning: scalac: there were 56 feature warning(s); re-run with -feature for
details

I have only JDK 1.7 installed and the settings of Java Compiler are all
targeting to 1.7. So what does this error mean?

Besides, project can be compiled correctly from console and examples can
also run smoothly from console. The reason that I want to build from
IntelliJ IDEA is that I want to do some debugging. Anyone can show me a
better way to debug Spark (like I can step in / out some functions and
check variables in real time) ?

Best,
Yanzhe