It is suggested implicitly in giving you the command "./sbt/sbt". The
separately installed sbt isn't in a folder called sbt, whereas Spark's
version is.  And more relevantly, just a few paragraphs earlier in the
tutorial you execute the command "sbt/sbt assembly" which definitely refers
to the spark install.