Great work guys! Have been looking forward to this . . .

In the blog it mentions support for reading from Hbase/Avro... What will be
the recommended approach for this? Will it be writing custom wrappers for
SQLContext like in HiveContext or using Hive's "EXTERNAL TABLE" support?

I ask this because a few days back (based on your pull request in github) I
started analyzing what it would take to support Spark SQL on Cassandra. One
obvious approach will be to use Hive External Table support with our
cassandra-hive handler. But second approach sounds tempting as it will give
more fidelity.

Regards,
Rohit

*Founder & CEO, **Tuplejump, Inc.*