I hijack the thread, but my2c is that this feature is also important to
enable ad-hoc queries which is done at runtime. It doesn't remove interests
for such macro for precompiled jobs of course, but it may not be the first
use case envisioned with this Spark SQL.

Again, only my0.2c (ok I divided by 10 after writing my thoughts ^^)

Andy