Does Shark not suit your needs? That's what we use at the moment and it's been
good

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S®4

-------- Original message --------
From: andy petrella <andy.petre...@gmail.com>
Date:03/27/2014  6:08 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: Re: Announcing Spark SQL

nope (what I said :-P)

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:05 AM, Pascal Voitot Dev
<pascal.voitot....@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 10:22 AM, andy petrella <andy.petre...@gmail.com> wrote:
I just mean queries sent at runtime ^^, like for any RDBMS.
In our project we have such requirement to have a layer to play with the data
(custom and low level service layer of a lambda arch), and something like this
is interesting.

Ok that's what I thought! But for these runtime queries, is a macro useful for
you?

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Pascal Voitot Dev

Le 27 mars 2014 09:47, "andy petrella" <andy.petre...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I hijack the thread, but my2c is that this feature is also important to
> enable ad-hoc queries which is done at runtime. It doesn't remove interests
> for such macro for precompiled jobs of course, but it may not be the first
> use case envisioned with this Spark SQL.

I'm not sure to see what you call "ad- hoc queries"... Any sample?