On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Andras Nemeth <
andras.nem...@lynxanalytics.com> wrote:

> We don't have anything fancy. It's basically some very thin layer of
> google specifics on top of a stand alone cluster. We basically created two
> disk snapshots, one for the master and one for the workers. The snapshots
> contain initialization scripts so that the master/worker daemons are
> started on boot. So if I want a cluster I just create a new instance (with
> a fixed name) using the master snapshot for the master. When it is up I
> start as many slave instances as I need using the slave snapshot. By the
> time the machines are up the cluster is ready to be used.

This sounds like being a lot simpler than the existing spark-ec2 script.
Does google compute engine api makes this happen in a simple way, when
compared to ec2 api? Does your script do everything spark-ec2 does?

Also, any plans to make this open source?