You might want to check the memory settings in sbt itself, which its a shell
scripts run a java command. I don't have computer at hand, but if you vim or
cat the sbt/sbt , you might see the memory settings , you change it to fit your
need

You might also can overwrite the setting by change .sbtopts  without change the
script , but google it for sure.

Chester

Sent from my iPhone